Tuesday 8 April 2008

ice box

I realised that as soon as I had posted my previous post that I'd covered such a diverse and interesting subject such as time in only a few sentences. I regret that post wholeheartedly and in order to rectify it this posts' musing shall be Tachyons, if you can be bothered to read the article.

Musing no.4, maestro:

use that finger selflessly








Mistake ratified. Now onto my post subject: Snow day!

Thanks to all our farting cows, CFCs and selfish use of coal the climate is all fucked up and I'm feeling the effects, not only are there sporadic changes in weather here but it did not snow at Christmas, something that made me very unhappy indeed. However, for one day, and one day only it snowed. in April.


It's worth noting that I do not appear in these photos for those of you out there trying to track me down, although there is probably sufficient evidence on here to track me down, espcially the photo showing my surronding areas above. The day before that it was one of the hottest I'd experienced in 2008. what is happening to this planet... it's almost easy to forget the atrocities that are creating this beauty.
Is my infantile fascination with snow linked to the great lack of it or is it something we all share? I investigated this further and Skype'd a Canadian friend of mine. When asked if he loves the sight of snow and the playing ideals it brings his answer was brief.
'I fucking hate snow and all the inconveniences it brings.' - although it's just one opinion he assures me its the common mindset about snow. This makes it very clear that snow, amongst many other things is just one of the many things I like/enjoy because they're not in abundance to me. Perhaps its a good thing then that snow doesn't fall often here.

That said, no one likes rain.

1 comment:

TheBlackening said...

sam jones is eh pretty cool guy, eh talks about athiesm and doesnt afraid of anything